Welcome to the Lakeway Lakers Summer Swim Team!
Our 2022 summer swim team season will run from May 2 through June 20, 2022.
Our team is full!
NEW swimmers must complete an evaluation prior to registering (2022 evaluation dates will be at the Lakeway Swim Center; April 11, 12, and 13 from 3:15-3:45pm).
- To be eligible to join, swimmers must be at least 5-1/2 years old as of May 1, 2022 (born on or before 11/1/16), independent (and safe) in the water, without requiring assistance, and be able to swim one lap (25 yards) of freestyle. We are not able to consider swimmers who do not meet the minimum age and swimming requirements.
The 2022 fee for swim team is $295 per swimmer PLUS your time helping with our swim meets, and you will need to purchase goggles and a team suit. Membership on the Lakers is open to kids ages 5-1/2 and older who meet our minimum swimming requirements. Priority registration is given to returning members from our 2021 Summer Team and Summer Swim Clinics, members of our affiliated year-round team (Lost Creek Aquatics/Capital Area Aquatics at Lakeway), and Lakeway residents.
Due to the popularity of our program and limited space, our team membership is not open to USA Swimming club swimmers who are concurrently swimming with their club teams (CAA, ASC, Nitro, etc), so that we can serve our community's growing number of "summer league" swimmers.
Anticipating some questions:
- Do we need to come to every practice? No, but we strongly encourage you to come as often as you can.
- Can we switch practice groups or come to another practice if we have a conflict? No, swimmers are assigned to practices based on age as of May 1, 2022. Our pool space is limited and we don't have room for swimmers to switch groups.
- What if we can't come for a week or two due to camps, vacation, conflicts, etc? That's fine, we understand.
- Do you offer any makeup practices in the afternoons or evenings in the summer? No, the pool is open for public use during that time and we are not able to use it for swim team during public hours.
- Is there a sibling discount? Yes, there is a $20 sibling discount.
- What is your refund policy? If you change your mind after registering, or if your swimmer does not meet our eligibility requirements, we will offer a $100 refund until May 6. After that date, there will be no refunds for any reason.
- Are swim meets required? Yes! That's the fun part of being on a swim team! It's fine if you have a conflict on one of the dates, but we expect swimmers to participate in meets.
- Are parents required to volunteer? Yes! That's also part of the fun of being on a swim team! Parents will need to help at swim meets when your child is swimming. There are no exceptions to this rule, and none of the parent jobs are difficult. If you can't help, or won't help, please don't sign up. The cost to be on the swim team is your registration fee, plus your time!
- Can parents come and watch practices? Yes! However, to reduce disruptions during practices, parents are welcome to watch practices from outside the fence. If you need to walk your child in, that is fine, but please walk back outside during practice. Parents will be allowed inside the facility during swim meets.
- What do we need to bring? You will need swimming goggles (no face masks), and a team suit (you can order it here). We will provide the rest!
If you are looking for a year-round, USA Swimming club, please visit the website for our partner club, Capital Area Aquatics at Lakeway.
QUESTIONS about swim team? Our Season Info page probably has everything you need to know!