2022 Season Info
This page will be updated periodically as our league makes decisions on the Summer 2022 season. Please check back for updates. The last update was made on 4/3/22.
- Due to the high popularity of our summer swim team and limited space, we will register returning swimmers from our 2021 summer team and summer swim clinics and 2021-2022 members of Lost Creek Aquatics/Capital Area Aquatics at Lakeway first, followed by returning members from previous seasons and new swimmers who are not concurrently swimming with another swim team (such as a club team) and who are also Lakeway residents. If we have additional spots, we will register non-residents who are not concurrently swimming with another swim team (such as a club team).
- NEW swimmers must complete an evaluation prior to registering (2022 evaluation dates will be at the Lakeway Swim Center; April 11, 12, and 13 from 3:15-3:45pm).
- Swimmers must be at least 5-1/2 years old as of May 1, 2022 (born on or before 11/1/16) and must be independent (and safe) in the water, without requiring assistance. We are not able to consider swimmers who do not meet the minimum age and swimming requirements.
- Our team will compete in dual meets at the Lakeway Swim Center and at other local league team pools.
- Our team will participate in the All Star meet on Monday June 20, 2022 in the afternoon, for swimmers with qualifying times.
- Competitive and very proficient swimmers are encouraged to join a USA Swimming club team; our summer league team primarily focuses on a recreational and fun season. Please contact our year-round partner club, Capital Area Aquatics at Lakeway, which practices at the Lakeway Swim Center, for more information.
Questions? Click here to send a note to the team.
Summer 2022 Swim Team in a Nutshell (information is subject to change):
Registration will open at 7:30am on April 4, 2022 for all returning Lakeway Lakers from the 2021 season, all 2021-2022 members of Lost Creek Aquatics/Capital Area Aquatics at Lakeway, and all returning members from our Summer 2021 Summer Swim Clinics. Starting at 7:30pm on Monday, April 11, we will open registration to new members who have completed an evaluation, with first priority for swimmers not swimming concurrently on a club team and Lakeway residents. All registrations are completed online using our team website. We will accept swimmers in the order received, and registration will close automatically on May 6, 2022 or when the team reaches its enrollment cap. Groups for individual ages may close earlier than the team registration.
Registration is $295 per swimmer with a sibling discount of $20 when siblings are registered in the same transaction. The registration fee includes coach instruction, the required league insurance, City of Lakeway pool rental fees, team expenses (such as credit card transaction fees, website expenses, equipment, meet expenses, etc), ribbons and medals, and end-of-season awards. The only thing you will purchase separately is the required team suit, swimming fins, and goggles. After your swimmer's registration has been accepted and payment has been made, we will not offer any refunds, for any reason, except for season cancelation. If you change your mind, we will offer a $100 refund until May 6, 2022, if requested in writing by that date. After that date, there will be no refunds for any reason.
To be eligible for swim team, your child must be at least 5-1/2 years old as of May 1, 2022 (born on or before 11/1/16), be able to swim one lap (25 yards) of elementary freestyle, AND be ready to participate in a team setting. Coaches will evaluate all swimmers during the first week of practice to make sure that they meet the swimming eligibilty requirements. Swimmers who did not do an evaluation and do not meet the eligibility requirements during the first week of practice will be dismissed on May 6, 2022 and given a refund of $100 of the registration fee. Swimmers who do not attend the first week of practice and who are dismissed after May 6, 2022, will not receive refunds.
This summer, evaluations for all new swimmers is mandatory. We will hold new swimmer evaluations at the Lakeway Swim Center on April 11, 12, and 13 from 3:15-3:45pm. (No appointment required; just bring your child for a quick swim with the coaches.) Children participating in tryouts must be with a parent or guardian (no drop-offs, please).
If your child does not meet the minimum swimming requirements or is not ready to participate on swim team, the Lakeway Swim Center offers swim lessons to children of all ages, starting in June, and continuing throughout the summer.
All swimmers must participate in swim meets. We do not offer a "practice only" option for swimmers. We also do not offer a way to participate only in swim meets; swimmers must come to practice to be entered in meets. If your child cannot fully participate in our program, please do not sign up for swim team. Please contact the lead volunteers to discuss specific needs for swimmers with disabilities or schedule conflicts.
It's fine if you need to miss part of the season due to camps, vacation, or because of conflicts with other sports.
All families on the team will be required to volunteer at all swim meets. It takes about 80 parents to run a smooth and successful swim meet and we will be attending seven meets this season. By joining the team, you agree to volunteer! Everyone helps!
The season will begin on May 2, 2022 and end on June 20, 2022. Practice times are based on swimmer age as of May 1, 2022, for the entire season. Please note that we do not allow swimmers to switch practice groups so please make sure that your child can attend practice at his or her designated practice time. (Click here for practice times.) During the school year, practices are after school. When school ends, practices will be in the mornings. All practices are at the Lakeway Swim Center.
Our team participates in the Austin Hills Swim League, which has nine other teams in the Austin area. Our preliminary meet schedule is posted below. This schedule is subject to change. Meets will be on Friday evening OR Saturday morning (not both days). Friday evening meets will have an approximate arrival time of 3:30pm warmup and an 8:30pm finish. For meets on Saturday mornings, the approximate arrival time is 6:45am and an estimated finish time of approximately 11:30am, depending on the meet size and location. Additional details will be available closer to the meet dates.
- Saturday, May 7, 6:45am arrival, Lakeway Lakers @ Lake Pointe Lazers, at the Lakeway Swim Center (Note: The Lake Pointe Lazers are the meet host and we are the visiting team but the meet is at the Lakeway Swim Center.)
- Saturday, May 14, 6:45am arrival, Barton Creek Country Club @ Lakeway Lakers, at the Lakeway Swim Center
- Saturday, May 21, 6:45am arrival, Austin Country Club @ Lakeway Lakers, at the Lakeway Swim Center
- *No meet Memorial Day weekend, May 27/28
- Friday, June 3, estimated 3:30pm arrival, Lakeway Lakers @ Westwood Country Club, at Westwood Country Club
- Friday, June 10, estimated 3:30pm arrival, Lakeway Lakers @ Rollingwood Waves, at the Rollingwood pool
- Saturday, June 18, arrival time 6:45am, River Place Rapids @ Lakeway Lakers, at the Lakeway Swim Center *Medals meet
- Monday, June 20, estimated arrival time 3:00pm, All Star Meet @ Westwood Country Club *Swimmers must have qualifying times and pay an entry fee to participate.
Swimmers who want to continue swimming in practices and optional meets after our summer season ends can join our partner club, Capital Area Aquatics at Lakeway, which practices at the Lakeway Swim Center in the mornings. When school resumes, Capital Area Aquatics practices after school. Capital Area Aquatics is a year-round USA Swimming club and membership is open to any swimmer.